Senior Tools Programmer - CSR2
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver work that you and your team can be proud of. You work well in a team environment. You communicate clearly and effectively, deliver opinions confidently but also listen respectfully to others’ point of view. You work comfortably on large tasks with very little direction and course-correct as needed.
As a curious and avid learner, you regularly stray outside your comfort zone and are persistent enough to see lofty challenges to completion. When necessary, your intuition and proactivity compel you to switch focus to mitigate an upcoming risk or emerging opportunity. As an advocate for visual quality, you help drive productivity, learning and technical ambition..
We are looking for a Senior Tools Engineer to join the CSR Racing 2 team in our growing London studio.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems and interfaces, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify tools needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement complex software systems and interfaces.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, Objective-C, Swift, Python etc.) and their associated frameworks.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Bring a solid understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Be experienced in building and/or managing game development tools such as 3D texture and asset pipelines, art tool plugins, data/database management, data processing tools, GUI application development, unit testing frameworks, cloud-based test farms, UI/UX design tools, build management, deployment tools, continuous integration and ad hoc scripts for process and pipelines.
- 3+ years of professional experience or equivalent in tools and client development for mobile, desktop or web applications.
What do we give you?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus