Animator - Star Wars IP
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our animation team, you will have the opportunity to create amazing, diverse and unique animations working from initial prototypes to a final launched product. Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to meet the high-quality standards of NaturalMotion Games. Ensure that animations accurately portray the Star Wars brand. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are a dedicated in-house team responsible for building amazing animations that wow our players and partners, and are a highly motivated team. You will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from experienced peers and collaborate with modellers and concept artists to craft amazing characters.
This position will be based in our Central London studio.
As an Animator you will be working closely with the rest of the team to create high-quality character animations. You will be responsible for creating consistent levels of work and ensuring that each animation has the right energy and personality, as intended by the project vision.
- Good knowledge in hand keyed and motion captured animation.
- Knowledge in game engine implementation.
- Understand core principles of animation such as ‘timing’ and ‘weight’.
- Good understanding of human and animal body mechanics and anatomy.
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of animation, art and culture.
- An excellent portfolio which demonstrates your ability to create excellent game animations and validates that you have a good knowledge of animation creation in different styles.
- Genuine passion for games and animation as well as strong self-management skills.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and producers to ensure consistent product vision.
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately.
- Participate in reviews; respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and contribute feedback to your peers.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience working as a 3D animator in games.
- Strong proficiency with Maya.
- Experience in cleaning up motion capture data.
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Unreal Blueprint system.
- Working with external teams.
- a real passion for Games.
- A love of the Star Wars brand.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.