User Experienced Designer (Graduate Scheme)
Start Date: Summer 2020
Location: London, UK
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are seeking recent graduates to join our team as a User Experience Designer. You will be placed on an initial 12 month rotational training program, completing two rotations at our London studio. Spending 6 months working with our Racing team working on CSR Racing 2, and 6 months with Action Strategy supporting Dawn of Titans and our upcoming Star Wars project. After this time you will join one of our teams in a permanent role.
You will assist the team in developing and executing the UX vision of a product. Participating in building innovative, user-centered design solutions that promote ease of use and provide outstanding player experiences that are optimised for mobile devices.
You will participate in all phases of the design process including conceptual design, prototypes, user/task flows, art production, and game integration. Work with project partners to execute and maintain the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency throughout the game. Collaborate with designers, product managers, artists, producers, and engineers on the execution of designs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As User Experience Designer you will be an active part of the design team. Reporting to the lead designer, you will be involved in:
- Discuss with game designers the design specifications with usability and accessibility in mind
- Ensuring consistency across our games
- Understand existing data about users behaviours and archetypes and apply it to the features development
- Provide fresh input about user research and testing
- Be the user advocate and represent the players’ needs
- Collaborate with Game Designer, Product Managers and Producers by analysing users flows and producing wireframes
- Run Playtests to test assumptions
- Run usability tests to check usability issues
- Keep an eye on competitors and industry trends
Required Experience & Skills
- Recent graduate (graduating in 2020), with a degree in Multimedia, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Interaction Design, HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Science or equivalent
- Good understanding of Usability, User Experience, User Interface Design, Interaction Design, and Human Computer Interaction
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of common prototyping software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
- Passion for problem solving and finding creative solutions for efficiency and consistency.
- Strong interpersonal skills and are able to articulate, present, and speak clearly about design decisions.
- Passion for gaming in general, not just within the mobile space.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with Unity or other game engines
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter. Your covering letter should explain why you would like to do the Rotational Experienced Designer program with NaturalMotion.
Your application must also contain a link to your online portfolio, or a PDF. Please note, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.