Customer Success Manager
Narrative Science is seeking a highly motivated Customer Success Manager to join its Chicago team. You will have a passion for customer and partner advocacy as well as a strong knowledge of sales and account management practices within the SaaS software world. You will act as a “CEO” and create strategic account plans for a defined territory/book of business for the purpose of maximizing the lifetime value of our customers. You will be responsible for turning our enterprise customer base and partner network into long-term advocates through constant improvement and monitoring of Narrative Science’s customer journey.
- Oversees the success of the entire customer journey from pre-sales through account expansion
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales to drive account expansion through sourcing leads from existing accounts, creating opportunities
- Partners with the Narrative Science Enterprise Sales team to close upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Manages relationships with client project managers and key executive stakeholders to maximize overall customer lifetime value
- Spearheads client outreach initiatives & devises a customer engagement strategy, including customer satisfaction surveys, invitations to events, and more
- Owns the renewal process and retention of existing customers within a defined territory/book of business
- Provides project leadership, coordination and guidance for the customer’s major initiatives around each of Narrative Science’s products
- Provides clear and constructive product feedback from the customer to the Narrative Science product team
- Facilitates relationship between NS marketing and client marketing/PR functions to further initiatives around case studies, marketing event participation and promote the value of client partnerships
- Conducts customer surveys to collect metrics on satisfaction and product value
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in an account management, sales or service delivery role at a SaaS software company
- Experience using Business Intelligence software such as Tableau, Qlik, Microstrategy, and/or PowerBI
- Ability to track and capture actionable customer metrics in CRM software
- Can identify which sales activities will contribute to high-quality and high-velocity sales to ensure higher-than-average conversion rates
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders
- Flexible with ambiguous environments
- Excellent self accountability, time and resource management skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver that make impact in favor of positive customer outcomes.
- Previous consulting industry experience a plus
About Narrative Science:
Narrative Science creates software that writes stories from enterprise data to drive understanding and results. Powered by artificial intelligence, our technology automatically turns data into easy-to-understand reports, transforms statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge. Narrative Science works with customers including Deloitte, MasterCard, USAA, and members of the U.S. intelligence community, empowering them to understand and act on key business metrics, make better decisions, and focus talent on higher-value tasks -- all through the power of data storytelling.