Director of Customer Success
As a Director of Customer Success, you will be responsible for defining, building, and leading a Customer Activation team at Narrative Science, aligned with our B2B SaaS product, Lexio. You will lead a team specializing in our customers' user activation by assisting them with data connections and configuring their user experience with an intense focus on time-to-value. You will be an integral part of helping new users reach their first "aha" moment and find success with Lexio early on in the customer journey. You will also champion our customers by advocating for them and ensuring that they maximize the return on their Lexio investment over the long term.
You will succeed in this role if you are a customer-oriented problem-solver with deep technical acumen and excellent communication skills. In this role, you will work closely with clients across various industries and build relationships with multiple customer stakeholders, ranging from data analysts to c-suite professionals. You will collaborate with the broader Narrative Science Go-to-Market team, serving as an expert resource for product and user activation-related questions internally and in the field. You will report to the Head of Customer Success and work closely with Product and Engineering to help translate customer requests into tangible product requirements and solutions.
- Oversee all new and existing customers’ Lexio activation and professional services
- Implement the internal processes, systems, and technologies required to scale our customer and user activation operations
- Monitor the health of our customers and partner with Customer Success Managers on net retention activities
- Assist the Narrative Science Sales team by communicating information about our customer journey, professional services, and Lexio’s technical architecture to prospects and customers
- Collaborate with the IT/Security team on infosec questionnaires for matters related to implementations and technical product architecture
- Work closely with our Product Development team to drive the development of new product features that are in support of activation, renewals, and expansion
- Manage the activities of direct reports and work closely with cross-functional leaders to over-achieve on company goals
- Hire, onboard, manage, and mentor a team of technical Professional Services consultants
- Previous experience in high-volume B2B SaaS software implementation, project management, or professional services
- Management experience of a fast-growing professional services and/or data & analytics team
- Proven experience with technical software implementations, user activations, and troubleshooting
- Experience with data & analytics technology
- Exceptional project management skills with an ability to consistently deliver work on time or ahead of schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
The technologies this role interacts with are often customer-dependent, but here’s a list of common areas where knowledge and experience can be helpful. Successful candidates will have some understanding of a few of these technologies and, of course, a willingness to learn the rest:
- Cloud architecture & tools (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Data warehousing (Snowflake, RedShift, GBQ, etc.)
- ETL technology (Informatica, Alteryx, etc.)
- Business Intelligence (Tableau, Looker, DOMO, Mode, Thoughtspot, PowerBI, etc.)
About the Customer Success Team @ Narrative Science
The Customer Success team at Narrative Science specializes in creating exceptional customer experiences. Specifically, we are responsible for ensuring our customers maximize their returns on their investments in our technologies. We are product experts who work with individuals across various industries and titles, helping them get the most out of their relationship with Narrative Science.
Culture @ Narrative Science
Narrative Science believes that data storytelling can empower everyone to understand and take action from their data. Our mission is to build software that leverages artificial intelligence to automatically turn data into easy-to-understand reports, transforms statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge.
Our core virtues (mission-driven, impactful, team first, innovative) are ingrained in everything we do, from how we develop our technology to how we interact with customers to how we hire people. Since 2020, we have embraced a remote-first approach and our team has the option to work from home or safely from our Chicago office. This flexibility will remain after COVID.
At Narrative Science, we embrace the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our future employees, colleagues, customers, partners, and other stakeholders. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.