Staff Accountant - Temp to Hire
N3TWORK is a mobile games startup based in San Francisco seeking a stellar Accountant. This role will be very hands on and will play a key role in all aspects of accounting operations with opportunities to work on various projects as we scale. We are looking for someone with who can roll up their sleeves and execute accounting operations and implement scalable systems and efficient processes. Main responsibilities will include but not limited to day to day accounting duties within procure to pay cycle
WHAT YOU WILL DO
● Perform full cycle accounts payable transactions to ensure that expenses are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
● Set up and maintain vendor accounts and manage vendor relationships. Includes preparation of 1099 filing, contracts, and W-9s.
● Research, address and effectively communicate issues and vendor inquiries.
● Prepare and process weekly payment cycles.
● Responsible for processing employee expense reports and company credit cards.
● Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
● Own and improve upon the accounts payable, corporate card management and employee expense processes to ensure scalability.
● Support general accounting functions, including accruals, prepaids and other month end close activities.
● Special projects as needed. Perform ad hoc research / analysis as needed.
● Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting & analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
WHAT SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
● 2+ years experience in an operational Accounting role, primarily within payroll and accounts payable function.
● Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
● Must be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision. Able to think independently, creatively and opportunistically.
● Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
● Meticulous and organized, highly analytical and inquisitive with ability to perform work at the highest level of accuracy.
● Must be capable of working under pressure of deadlines and be able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
● Process oriented individual who is flexible enough to thrive in a startup setting and possess a strong sense of urgency
● Knowledge of Excel and G-Suite
● Proficient in Sage Intacct, Expensify, ADP WorkForce Now
● Strong interest in mobile gaming
● Willingness to learn and take on new challenging work
● Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills