Senior Artist (Temp to Hire)
We are looking for a talented and creative senior artist who thrives on working across multiple art disciplines in a fun and fast paced environment.
- Create 2D artwork to support the live game (in-game marketing assets like pop ups and banners, UI elements, and various other assets found in the existing game).
- Collaborate with artists on the multi-disciplinary team and in the company
- Develop relationships with the design, engineering, and art teams to help maintain and improve the live game performance.
- Ability to work in a variety of art styles
- 3+ year experience as a professional 2D artist; marketing, concept, game artist
- Strong understanding of Legendary: Game of Heroes’ visual style and the facility to help drive its future from an artistic perspective
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final state.
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, design, and how they relate to game development specifically
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and the ability to use them in creating new artwork for Legendary: Game of Heroes events.
- Self-managing, self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work within a team with an eye to improving the player experience
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- A passion for games
- Professional 2D experience including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, etc.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
- Previous game production experience
- Interested in other areas of art for games (animation, FX, UI, 3D, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Legendary: Game of Heroes
- 3D experience with Maya, Zbrush, KeyShot, etc. a plus
- UX/UI experience with Unity, Figma, etc. a huge plus
A portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills is required and willingness to complete an art test