Art Lead/Senior Artist
We are looking for an exceptional Art Lead/Senior Artist to provide creative and organizational leadership for an upcoming game focused on female fashion. This role is based in our brand new game studio in Los Angeles.
- Establish a visual style that appropriately complements and enhances the game design set by the producer incorporating marketability, demographics, and target audience.
- Create art bible that clearly communicates the art style.
- Work with engineers to define end-to-end content pipeline.
- Design and prepare an art brief for ongoing content needs; write up, brief descriptors, references and sketches.
- Define outsource needs and assign to vendors who are best able to deliver on the art theme and style.
- Provide both written and verbal art direction to in-house artists and external vendors to maintain and improve art quality bar.
- Create art and provide hands-on art support.
- 7+ years of experience in the game industry across all phases of game development.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to problem-solve technical challenges.
- Proven track record of working with mobile games and free to play.
- Understands game production design process and methodology.
- Extensive 2D portfolio displaying mastery of color, composition, form and design within various mediums, with an eye for detail.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of asset creation including modeling, texturing, animation, sprite production, and VFX.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, 2D software. Unity is a plus.
- Ability to motivate others and maintain a positive professional attitude.
- Superior communication skills.
- Won't settle for mediocrity