Game Server Engineer
N3TWORK builds fun, engaging, free to play games for iOS and Android. We are looking for talented game server engineers to join our small, focused team of experienced veterans to build scalable game servers.
- Work with the server engineering team to help design and build successful, scalable services that back free to play games on iOS and Android.
- Implement reusable server side systems that drive game features.
- Help build web based tools used by game designers and producers to operate games.
- Write and maintain quality, readable code.
- Collaborate with game teams, designers and artists to bring our work to life.
- 3+ years experience in Java, Python or Ruby.
- Deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns and how to apply them to the problem at hand.
- Deep experience with secure, scalable RESTful API design and development for mobile games.
- Experience with database design and scaling for write-heavy workloads.
- Experience operating production services in AWS or another cloud environment.
- Ability to identify and correct performance bottlenecks on a live system.
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux.
- Understanding of and interest in successful free to play game design and development.
- Curiosity that drives you to continually learn new things.
- Experience with Dropwizard.
- Experience with DynamoDB or other NoSQL datastores at scale.
- Experience with Go.