We are looking for an exceptional mid-senior level Technical Artist who is highly proficient with Unity. The role is with a small, fast paced team working on our new female-focused mobile game. Responsibilities include: developing and supporting a character centric art pipeline, working alongside Product Owner and Art Director to help develop and fulfill visual targets, maintain game as the team grows post launch. This role is located at our office in Los Angeles.
- Develop player facing character customization features in Unity that support thousands of items.
- Work with 2D character rigs and animation within Spine animation software.
- Establish and support art pipelines between external software packages and Unity.
- Create turn-key creation packets for external vendors.
- Support art tools and artists with automation scripts and art pipeline optimizations.
- Rapidly prototype new features and content within Unity that may include: Art, UI and FX.
- Maintain repositories on GitHub.
- Live in LA or able to relocate to work onsite in LA office.
- Comfortable with taking ownership, defining and completing features.
- Demo reel or other examples of games or projects with related work.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and improve visuals on an ongoing basis.
- Understands and is able to articulate performance tradeoffs and optimization on mobile devices.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to problem solve technical challenges.
- Understands game production, design processes and methodologies.
- Highly motivated and maintains a positive professional attitude.
- Experience writing scripts in C# or other language to help automate art pipeline.
- Experience using source control software such as SourceTree or similar.
- Experience directing external art vendors.
- Ability to create shaders in node-based editors or hand code.
- Experience setting up and working with Unity UI.
- In-depth knowledge of 2D and or 3D asset creation including modeling, texturing, animation.