Merchandise Assistant - ATV/UTV
Assistant Buyers are responsible for supporting Buyers in achieving and exceeding the financial goals of their segment by assisting in daily and administrative duties.
About the Job:
- Cost/Pricing: Updates vendor quote costs when new files are supplied from vendors/brands and works with Buyers to implement new retail and sale pricing based on pricing strategy by brand. Frequently perform competitive analysis on products and works with Buyers to make price suggestions so MotoSport remains competitive and profitable
- Fitments/Parts: Owns the fitment translation database and process for all brands. Manages and updates MMY data for the Utility, UTV and ATV storefronts. Builds spec sheets for the Merchandising Operations team for the purpose of setting up product in the system
- Promotions: Assist in brainstorming promotional ideas and maintaining the promo engine tool
- Customer Reviews: Responsible for approving/rejecting customer reviews and working with the buyer(s) to make merchandise changes based on the customer feedback
- Online Merchandising: Support buyers to optimize and merchandise PLP and Search pages. Works with merchandising to enhance, build and maintain the overall site browse structure. Maintains new product types and required attributes. Reports on attributes that drive navigation and refinements.
- Reporting: Execute and distribute canned reports (added items, sellout code 34, min/max, open po items, MMY errors ordered)
- JIT: Loads all manuall JIT files and works with buyers to maintain sell-out codes on dead JIT items
- 3 Party Listings: Maintain and tailor the eBay listings on a monthly basis, respond to issues and make corrections as needed to Amazon listings. Identifies and solves problems with Amazon items by collaborating with other MotoSport departments. Responds to and follows up with Amazon product complaints and violations.
- 4-5 years of relevant Industry Merchandising and Buying experience
- Firm understanding of Retail Math and Fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
- SQL knowledge is a plus
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we ‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Check us out in action here: