Marketing and Circulation Specialist
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The main function of the Marketing and Circulation Specialist is to handle all local distribution, circulation and marketing aspects of the publications for the designated market in order to increase points of distribution and increase brand awareness. This will be accomplished by strategizing with the corporate office and the sales team on the best and most effective distribution points, tracking and maintaining current distribution locations and adding new locations regularly. Maintaining positive relationships with all key contacts at all distribution locations is paramount. The job requires collaboration with other areas in the market including organizing special events, working directly with advertising clients and promoting the WHERE brand through concerted marketing efforts.
- This job requires an organized, efficient and personable individual with the ability to multi-task and clearly communicate with clientele in the tourism industry, market team and corporate directive.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive individual
- Must be able to manage his/her time to ensure all aspects of the job are seen to completion.
- Must have knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have a workingknowledge of trending social media and email marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for monthly on-site visits to hotel or local distribution points.
- Maintain all hotel fulfillments of all publications, maps and ancillary products.
- Maintain relationships in the hotel industry with Concierge, Hotel Staff, Associations, etc.
- Assist Market with strategic planning and identifying market opportunities for new distribution and marketing opportunities
- Maintain monthly mailing lists for all publications in-market including the advertisers, prospects and subscriptions
- Maintain all paperwork for distribution of products (including trending reports, warehouse numbers, etc.)
- Create invitations for concierge events with our corporate team
- Maintain RSVPs for all events and send confirmations, etc.
- Responsible for the execution of all special events, details, planning, gift bags, raffles, sponsorships, etc.
- Maintain the office databases of the hospitality industry, advertising partners, prospective clients, etc.