Part-Time Graphic Artist
EDUCATION: College degree in graphic design or related field preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Ideal candidate is passionate about well-executed design, energetic, driven and a self-starter. Must possess strong working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of magazine layout design, commercial printing and photography a plus.
RESOURCEFULNESS: Must be highly creative, organized, flexible, focused, able to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects. Must effectively communicate and work collaboratively with publisher, advertising sales director, account executives, clients and photographers as well as the art director and graphic designer.
SUPERVISION: Reports directly to the Publisher of Savannah magazine.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Separate work space within a general office environment. Numerous distractions and interruptions. Fast-paced environment, particularly during deadlines. Hours are flexible with normal schedule of ten (10) hours a week, but may flex up to 20-40 hours a week during deadlines. Additional hours can be offered for select projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Create advertisements, spec ads and marketing materials (media kits, in-house advertisements, etc.) for Savannah magazine and other branded and ancillary products.
- Assist account executives with gathering sales materials as needed.
- Has appreciation for the look/brand of the magazine and must be able to replicate the Savannah magazine look in ads and promotional materials.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret ideas and concepts with clients and account executives.
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.