ART DIRECTOR ~ AUGUSTA, GA
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The role of Art Director is responsible for producing all elements and components of product design with practical creativity. Must be able to collaborate with editorial staff in creating feature layouts. Demonstrates the ability to design autonomously as well as function as part of team in order to produce high quality products. Skill set must include sophisticated sense of typography, photo editing skills, page design and ability to tell a story through words and pictures. Manages workflow as assigned.
***Please submit resume along with 3-4 samples or a link to your online portfolio in order to be considered as a qualified applicant."***
- Must be very experienced with the Adobe CS, multiple versions.
- At least a four-year degree in design, art, journalism, related field or life experience.
- At least 4 years of consumer/trade/custom magazine or similar experience.
- Solid working knowledge of publishing workflows and pre-press processes.
- Sophisticated sensibility in application of imagery and process color to editorial page.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design trends.
- Independent self-starter with a solutions-oriented attitude
- Highly organized, proactive, detail oriented with ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Deadline and project oriented.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, must be able to understand and utilize tact and persuasiveness while interacting with internal as well as external customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Professional conduct and appearance.
- Excellent ethics and integrity.