Assistant Photo Editor-Custom Publications
Job Description: The Assistant Photo Editor works closely with the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) to fulfill photography needs for our custom publications. At the direction of the CCO, the Assistant Photo Editor sources a variety of images, from fashion to travel to lifestyle and more. The Assistant Photo Editor manages the custom photo database and negotiates contracts with photo agencies and freelance photographers. This full-time, hourly position is based in our headquarters office in Augusta, Georgia.
- Minimum two years’ experience editing photography for print and digital publications
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in photography or related discipline preferred
- Strong portfolio
- Creative and conceptual thinker with a sophisticated eye and strong visual point of view
- Fashion photography/fashion product photography experience a plus
- An interest in travel and worldwide destinations
- Highly computer literate, including hands-on experience in Adobe Bridge, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Google Drive, InDesign/InCopy
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to take direction remotely from CCO based in Los Angeles
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Ability to multitask and manage several assignments simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills with ability to handle custom clients with tact and diplomacy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide photographic support to CCO for custom publications
- Be in constant communication with CCO, editors, art directors, and production staff at every stage of production, from concept to publication
- Gather photography from various sources, including custom clients, stock agencies, freelance photographers, retailers, manufacturers and others
- Gather products (primarily fashion) from retailers, photograph the products and return items to retailer
- Conduct basic negotiations with photographers, stock houses, model agencies, etc.
- Attend photo shoots as needed
- Utilize imaging software for basic photo toning/color correction
- Ensure adherence to deadlines
- Ensure that photos selected are current and accurately depict the subject/contents
- Create and manage photo database for custom publications
- Ensure accuracy of photo credits and captions
WORKING CONDITIONS: Will work in a drug-free, smoke-free environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation or any other protective status.