Golf Shop Attendant: Seasonal until 11/17
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the Golf Manager and Golf Shop Supervisor with meeting specific operational goals, general Golf Shop procedures, course operations and measures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain safe and pleasant golf environment for the guests.
- Promote Mohonk Mountain House’s unique golfing experience while interacting with guests.
- Organize and communicate to Golf Manager all information relating to guest needs and potential golf events, conditions, problems, or concerns.
- Professionally answer telephone calls.
- Record and coordinate all golf lesson reservations.
- Responsible for all daily office procedures using tee sheet software to book tee times, voice-mail system, POS, Golf/Lunch package reservations, etc.
- Operate Point of Sale device to record all greens fee and cart rental sales, lessons, and merchandise sales.
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance in the Golf Shop at all times.
- Ranger-Patrol golf course, maintain safe and orderly pace of play.
- Stock beverage, snacks, and merchandise racks.
- Interact cordially and professionally with all guests and co-workers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the golf staff, golf grounds staff, recreation staff and all other Mohonk Mountain House service staff.
- Organize and inspect golf rental sets, maintain adequate rental sets.
- Inspect course conditions and make recommendations based on play of the course.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
- Trustworthy, dependable and honest.
- Work flexible or changing days and hours.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Sell merchandise in the Golf Shop.
- Refill gas golf cart with gasoline at pumping station.
- Perform daily cleaning protocols.
- Work weekends and holidays when needed.
- Handles change, adversity, and pressure situations in a calm and levelheaded manner.
- Walk up to three miles per day, bend, stoop, and reach and reach areas as high 8 feet with the use of a step ladder.
- Walk up and down three flights of stairs and moderate inclines.
- Hear auditory instructions, directions, or warnings.
- Lift up to 75 pounds with assistance and carry it 100 feet.
- Good natural or corrected vision.
- Perform basic mathematic calculations and cash handling skills.
- Speaks, writes, reads, and comprehends the English Language.
- Speak clearly and in front of groups of people up to 20 people.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- CPR and First Aid Training preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.