BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the continuous operation of hotel systems. These systems include but are not limited to Point of Sale, Workstations, Servers, Wireless and Wired Networks, Phone System, Printers, and Video Surveillance. Position will also require administration of various systems including Active Directory and other resort specific applications. Provide preventative maintenance on all system hardware in order to ensure smooth operation. Will expect candidate to join on-call rotation as well as provide weekend/holiday coverage in our 24/7 operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Respond to IT Help Desk tickets/calls and act as liaison between end user issues senior IT staff. Assist with helpdesk operations and follow up on outstanding issues.
- Remain alert of on-going Mohonk Mountain House Security initiatives and assist in end user education.
- Provide thoroughly developed and high quality computer support for all departmental operations.
- Undertake assignments or special projects as indicated by management.
- Perform a variety of complex duties in support of microcomputer systems hardware, software, peripheral printers and related equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems to ensure functional operation.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and installation of new desktop computer units and/or peripheral.
- Install and maintain servers on local area networks; performs network device configurations, workstation set ups and assigns nodes or network address definitions
- Install and monitor performance of servers on local area networks.
- Coordinate system and network changes with users.
- Perform diagnostic and problem resolution with network support staff.
- Participate in formulation of integrated support plans for multiple local area networks.
- Provide technical assistance to other information systems staff; installs, tests and configures hardware and software applications and programs.
- Determine communication needs for new equipment installation.
- Prepares reports as required; attends and participates in meetings.
- Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information technology microcomputer systems support and network issues.
- Participates in systems recovery and emergency assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion and proper judgment in all matters, at all times.
- Inventory and maintain equipment and supplies, initiate purchases, and safeguard equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrate a willingness and capacity to learn/retain the specifics of all Mohonk Mountain House systems.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Communicate calmly and politely with users and guests to solve problems.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Work in office setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Work extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other staff, management, vendors and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free work.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Adjust schedule to meet the demands of the operation. Work on short notice while on-call to effect emergency repairs 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, stand, climb up/down ladders or sit/stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to waist and carry a distance of up to 250 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Valid Driver’s License with at least two years of licensed driving experience.
- Industry certifications such as MCP, CCNA, Network+, Security+, A+ or equivalent related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of networking, desktop computers, and hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of commercially available programs/operating systems.
- Basic Ethernet/wireless networking experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Hospitality/help desk/customer service experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.