Conference Services Manager: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directly responsible for the quality and consistency of all meeting room set-up and Audio Visual needs for social functions, day meetings, programs, activities, and conferences. Supervises and coordinates all Conference Service Employees job duties as well as ensuring they are properly trained in their positions. Work closely with the groups Onsite Meeting Planners and Mohonk Conference Planners to ensure all meetings and functions are successfully implemented and carried through to completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and setup/break down event spaces according to event orders.
- Confirm and setup A/V equipment needs for the event.
- Open rooms for use and adjust lights, sound volumes, and temperature as needed for each room before guests arrive.
- Maintain communication with the lead onsite contact for events as well as the resort event planner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with and training on various Audio Visual systems, lighting systems, as well as other visual media product such as streaming.
- Maintain cleanliness standards for equipment and meeting rooms.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows, MAC OS 10, IOS and Android operating systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and arrange for repair of all equipment.
- Interview, hire, and onboard all Conference Service employees.
- Implement training programs for all position in Conference Service.
- Complete yearly job performance appraisals for all Conference Service employees.
- Maintain all conference equipment, furniture, audio visual equipment, and conference supplies (i.e. stationary, glassware, etc.)
- Monitor the Conference Service vehicle for maintenance and gas consumption.
- Maintain, clean and organize all conference areas. Supervise and monitor these areas for upkeep and cleanliness.
- Perform visual inspections of all conference areas. Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Educate co-workers on audio system's operation to assist in maintaining these systems.
- Train Conference Service employees on proper procedure when using radios.
- Anticipate and assist hotel guests with tact and use a diplomatic approach in all situations.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to all of Mohonk Mountain House safety and security regulations.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Drive manual transmission vehicles in a safe, legal manner.
- Supervise, train, evaluate and schedule a staff up to 10 persons. Adjust schedule to meet the demands of the operation.
- Oversee/verify payroll for department staff and follow prescribed payroll procedures.
- Develop department manuals and enforce all company polices with department staff.
- Inventory and maintain equipment and supplies, initiate purchases, and safeguard equipment and supplies.
- Suggest and recommend possible projects to management for future capital budgets.
- Conduct research and analyze information and data to evaluate operation procedures and provide recommendations to Conference Planning Director.
- Resolve procedural, operational and other work related problems by communicating with and responding appropriately to a demanding and diverse public in answering questions, explaining department/company policies and handling complaints.
- Wear Proper Protective Equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating, safety regulations and Department guidelines.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- While on duty always carry a two-way radio and use earpiece as communication device and ensure all conference service employees do so as well.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 100 pounds from ground level to shoulder level and carry a distance of up to 30 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Lift banquet chairs and stack up to 6 foot height.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 300 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 150 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps and Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the Conference Service field of a hotel or Meeting Facility.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 18 years old.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.