Food Runner: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Dining Room Food Runner is responsible for the timely delivery of food from the Kitchen to the Dining Rooms, and delivered to the correct guest using the official seat numbering system and observing proper serving etiquette. The Food Runner is also responsible for general set up and breakdown of some work areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver prepared dishes from the kitchen to an assigned table using a tray. Carry a tray jack simultaneously.
- Ensure accuracy of the order in terms of both quality and quantity prior to delivery.
- Serve food and beverages in proper manner in accordance with Mohonk Mountain House standards and in proper order, serving women and children first at the table.
- Learn which condiments go with which menu items.
- Offer pepper for the guest when appropriate.
- Prepare marking trays for the various dining rooms.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintain a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Speak, read, and write in English and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Inspect work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders, and stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 lbs from ground level to waist height, and from waist height to shoulder height, and carry up to 100 feet without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per shift.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 yards.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Wear Mohonk Mountain House approved safety shoes, and proper safety equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays and during peak periods of business.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- At least 18 years of age
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.