Bartender: Parttime Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide efficient, attentive, and professional beverage service through wait staff or directly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform a variety of tasks related to beverage service, including the control and limit of waste, and the filling out of requisitions as needed.
- Ensure proper check handling and posting procedures (including handling of cash transactions).
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, as well as Mohonk Mountain House Mountain House Alcohol Beverage Policy.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all beverage items, method of preparation, garnish, and method of presentation, as well as equipment and tools.
- Check questionable customers’ I.D. to ensure that they are of legal drinking age (21).
- Provide food service to Carriage Lounge and Spirits on the Sunset customers as required and remain up-to-date on menu offerings and service standards.
- Complete opening and closing side duties as assigned.
- Check and replenish all supplies as needed for efficient food and beverage service.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness for all bar areas as established by supervisor.
- Take responsibility for Mohonk Mountain House Mountain House equipment and supplies. Prevent loss or abuse.
- Think clearly and maintain good coordination while providing swift beverage service to guests.
- Satisfactorily communicate in English with peers and guests throughout the shift.
- Work independently and cohesively as part of the team.
- Stay organized and deal with the needs of several guests at one time.
- Focus on details.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Follow management’s instructions and suggestions – verbal as well as in writing.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Exert physical effort and endure abundant physical movements throughout the work area. Lift, carry, and place 50lbs safely.
- Adhere to basic procedures of personal hygiene such as neat, clean, and pressed uniform, styled hair, and manicured hands when on duty and on Mohonk Mountain House Mountain House property.
- Wear proper footwear, approved by Food and Beverage Department standards.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to all of Mohonk Mountain House Mountain House Mountain House safety and security regulations.
- Become familiar with and apply Mohonk Mountain House Mountain House Mountain House 14 Service Steps.
- Work days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed and adjust schedule to meet demands of the operation.
- Drive company vehicles in a safe, legal manner.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Previous bartending and wine service experience.
- TIPS or other state-recognized Alcohol Awareness Training Certification preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.