Bath/Parlor Relief Attendant: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides relief coverage for Bath Attendant and Parlor Attendant. Maintains the cleanliness and safety of the public area restrooms, offices, and public areas as well as provide exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clean and disinfect restrooms located in public areas. Brush and scrub toilets, urinals, sinks and drains. Clean mirrors, sink-tops, and all bathroom surfaces. Clean and sanitize baby changing stations.
- Clean and disinfect offices and public areas.
- Empty trash receptacles, sanitary disposal boxes, and sanitize. Transport trash to proper waste unit.
- Maintain appropriate supply levels of paper goods, soap, and other supplies.
- Work with chemical cleansers, disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Dust, sweep, mop, and/or vacuum surfaces and floors according to standards.
- Spot check restrooms and public areas throughout the day and ensure clean and neat appearance.
- Work under pressure and maintain composure while dealing with large volumes of people.
- Comprehend the special cleaning needs of public restrooms and/or public areas and offices and is motivated to meet the challenge those facilities present while acting in a manner which allows maximum privacy and consideration to guests and employees.
- Check for and immediately report any damaged or missing furnishings or decorative items throughout the hotel.
- Sign out keys and return at the end of shift.
- Maintain cleanliness of cleaning carts and ensure they are presentable. Restock with appropriate level of supplies.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment as prescribed by cleaning agent or in accordance with our Mohonk Mountain House Standards and Protocols.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist and carry a distance of up to 25 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds through passageways, up and down stairs, or in/out of elevators.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work additional hours beyond regularly scheduled work day (evenings and weekends) as necessary.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with.
- Communicate regularly with the Public Area Supervisor about daily work assignments.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous hotel–related cleaning experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice.