Call Center Agent: PartTime Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Reservation Sales Agent’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing selling techniques effectively. The ideal candidate would be courteous, self-motivated and detail-oriented. Process reservations and corresponding NAVIS tasks associated with the reservations received via telephone, mail, and electronic mail, facsimile, in person or through the booking engine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts, information, services, hours of operation and features of Mohonk Mountain House.
- Assist guests by selling future reservations.
- Assist customers with questions regarding their existing reservations.
- Follow up with guest inquiry leads promptly for second chance bookings.
- Answer telephone calls and emails in a clear and professional manner.
- Attend required coaching sessions as scheduled to review call quality, Enhanced Lead Management compliance and productivity.
- Maintain potential and current guest profile information.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Deliver the highest standard of service to all customers.
- Manage daily correspondences and operational tasks to exceed customer expectations and expand customer base.
- Prepare administrative reports in a clear, logical manner.
- Photocopies, scans, faxes, emails or mails correspondences.
- Learn new programs as they are introduced, and demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation, speaking enthusiastically and engaging with others.
- Type and revise material such as correspondence, reports, statistical tables, addresses, and forms, from rough draft, corrected copy, recorded voice dictation, or previous version displayed on screen, using computer and Windows based word processing software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook. NAVIS Applications & Software knowledge a plus.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Communicate with other departments the guest’s requests, concerns and needs.
- Assist all departments and employees in obtaining information about guests, dining options and rooms relevant to guest stays and availability.
- Organize and maintain a workstation with rate, package and resort information.
- Promote positive guest relations with both guests and co-works in person, in writing and over the telephone.
- Maintain open and concise communication with management, co-workers and guests.
- Enter and confirm reservations in the systems with the utmost accuracy and detail to capture all important information.
- Participate in outbound sales communications.
- Learn, understand and use proper policies when processing reservations, taxes, service charge, dress code, cancellation, check-in, check-out, dining, resort activities and amenities.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Achieve high call volume and conversion ratio based on goals set by the department managers.
- Assist Front Office with reservations, room changes, room shows, check-ins, check-outs and other tasks when needed.
- Process special requirements and needs for guests through the proper channels so that the requests and needs are met accurately and to the guest’s satisfaction and safety.
- Demonstrate professional composure and use good manners on the telephone and in person.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Work independently, and under daily job stress while maintaining composure.
- Focus on the job task at hand to think clearly and quickly.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free copies.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Work in office setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Work up to five hours viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- Remain sitting at a computer station for up to five hours to process reservations.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Demonstrate proper accounting procedures for deposits, refunds, rate adjustments and end of shift audits.
- High School diploma.
- Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.