Boat Dock Attendant: Seasonal until 9/4
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain a safe environment at the Boat Dock and rent boats and fishing equipment to guests. Also, answering of guest questions, operation of cash register, and handling vouchers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a safe environment on the Boat Dock and Lake for all guests.
- Use a PC to process payment and implementation of data into a software program
- Maintain a clean Boat Dock and keep boats in working order.
- Complete sanitation protocols and record daily.
- Maintain fishing equipment. Responsible for keeping equipment in working order and making basic repairs.
- Handle, package, and sell bait, including live worms.
- Assist guests with baiting fishing hooks and handling fish after a catch.
- Operate cash register, fill out Boat Dock Allocation Chart, and process room charges for fishing equipment.
- Empty trash and keep a neat work environment.
- Fill out cash summary accurately at end of shift and turn in money and vouchers.
- Assist guests in and out of boats.
- Explain rules and regulations of renting boats to guests in a clear manner.
- Rescue victims of overturned boats in a timely manner.
- Remain calm and collected in emergency situations.
- Answer guest questions and deal calmly with emergency situations when necessary.
- Demonstrate a friendly, outgoing personality and make self available to guests during work hours.
- Row a boat quickly.
- Manipulate personal floatation devices (PFDs) and Shepard’s crook.
- Use good natural or corrected vision to see any safety hazards. Identifies safety hazards by sight, sound, and/or smell. Ensures hazards are corrected.
- Hear oral/auditory directions, instructions or warnings and give same warnings to others.
- Speak clearly to groups of 1-30 people.
- Handle adversity, change or emergency situations calmly and with a level head.
- Demonstrate patience with children (age 2-17) and adults.
- Demonstrate comfortableness with lake ecology such as: inability to see the bottom of 60’ deep, snakes, frogs, turtles, and fish in size of approximately 11-20 inches.
- Learn and maintain familiarity with row boats, kayaks, canoes, stand up paddleboards (SUP), and paddle boats.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Work other areas of Activities on a regular basis, such as: Wheelworks Bike Shop, Kids’ Club, Information Summerhouse, Tennis, Campfires, and special events.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Work flexible or changing days and hours; including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and occasionally up to 14 hours per shift.
- Present a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Mohonk Mountain House Dress and Grooming Standards.
- Bend, stoop, reach, climb, carry, and lift up to 75 pounds consistently throughout an eight-hour work day.
- Knowledge and appreciation of nature and the outdoors.
- Experience or potential in a people-oriented job or potential for success in a people-oriented job preferred.
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license.
- CPR/First Aid certification strongly preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.