Golf Instructor: Seasonal until 11/15/17
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Golf Instructor will provide lessons for Mohonk Mountain House guests according to their specific needs. The instructor will serve as an on call employee, available to teach lesson based on Golf Shop booking requests. Employee will only be assigned to, and paid for teaching golf.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach all aspects of the game of golf i.e. strategy, rules, etiquette, proper swing principles, grip, stance, address, chipping, pitching, putting, driving, sand play, and trouble shots.
- Responsible for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of lessons.
- Promote Mohonk Mountain House’s unique golfing experience while interacting with guests.
- Has to teach guests either basic skills or advance their golfing skills based on guests needs.
- Has to teach individual and group lessons.
- Utilize Mohonk Mountain House’s teaching area and golf course to provide safe learning environment for Mohonk Mountain House golf patrons.
- Ensure all guests are registered correctly and have paid for lessons at the golf shop.
- Complete post lesson report.
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance at all times.
- Interact cordially and professionally with all guests and co-workers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the golf staff, golf grounds staff, recreation staff and all other Mohonk Mountain House service staff.
- Coordinate lessons with Golf Shop staff to ensure no conflicts with course requirements and teaching areas.
- Interacts regularly with Golf Staff regarding upcoming events and functions.
- Ensures that Mohonk Mountain House employee policies and guidelines are followed.
- Maintains an awareness of industry trends.
- Show discretion and loyalty to management; uses discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
- Trustworthy, dependable and honest.
- Possess a creative mind and good imagination.
- Manipulate sports equipment.
- Learn and understand history and story of Mohonk Mountain House and the Smiley Family, its grounds, and facilities.
- Work flexible per booking schedule. Lessons may be scheduled any day of the week.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Take initiative and work without supervision.
- Handles change, adversity, and pressure situations in a calm and levelheaded manner.
- Walk up to two miles per day, bend, stoop, and reach areas as high as 8 feet from a standing position with use of a step ladder.
- Walk up and down three flights of stairs and moderate inclines.
- Hear auditory instructions, directions, or warnings.
- Lift up to 50 pounds and carry it 100 feet.
- Good natural or corrected vision.
- Perform basic mathematic calculations and cash handling skills.
- Speaks, writes, reads, and comprehends the English Language.
- Speak clearly and in front of groups of people up 25 people.
- PGA Teaching Certification or 3-5 years of golf instructional experience.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Extensive knowledge of the game of golf including rules, etiquette, and play.
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.