Tennis Specialist: Seasonal until 9/9
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the Tennis Professional with shop operations and court maintenance to maximize usage and revenue. Maintain a safe environment at the Shop. Rent bicycles and helmets to our guests by properly sizing and fitting for their bicycle ensuring their safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Record and coordinate all court and lesson reservations.
- Use a PC to process payment and implementation of data into a software program
- Responsible for all daily office procedures, such as answering the phone.
- Organize and run all social doubles mixers and events at the Tennis Courts when the Professional is not available.
- Fill-out guest voucher forms for all items purchased at the Shop.
- Operate the cash register to record all sales in the Shop.
- Operate the Ser-Ace golf cart in order to groom by sweeping and rolling the courts.
- Water the tennis courts as conditions demand.
- Apply calcium chloride to the court surface as conditions demand.
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance of the interior of the Shop, Wheelworks Shop, the tennis courts, and the surrounding area.
- Fill water coolers on the tennis courts every day and empty trash cans on a daily basis.
- Recommend and sell merchandise in the shops.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the Tennis Staff and other Mohonk service staff.
- Play tennis with guests as need arises.
- Operate Tennis Mate machine and/or tennis ball machine.
- Conduct regular inventory of beverages and other merchandise in the Shop and replenish as needed.
- Inventory and inspect merchandise as it is received.
- Maintain a cleanliness of the shop area; including: shop appearance, equipment, merchandise, and conduct routine maintenance of items such as bicycles, and other equipment.
- Complete sanitation protocols and record daily.
- Lead guests on a daily guided mountain bike ride up to 8 miles.
- Record guest usage of bicycles.
- Explain rules and regulations for using the bicycles in a clear manner.
- Familiarize self with all bike trails.
- Distribute and highlight suggested routes on Bicycle maps.
- Coordinate completion of bicycle assumption of risk form.
- Speak clearly to groups of 1-15 people.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Maintain safe and pleasant environment for the guests.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House dress and grooming standards at all times.
- Demonstrate knowledge for the rules for playing Tennis, Disc Golf, Croquet, Lawn Bowling, Horseshoes, Volleyball, and Basketball.
- Demonstrate knowledge and appreciation of nature and the outdoors.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Identify safety hazards and inspect the work of others by sight, sound, and/or smell. Ensure hazards are corrected.
- Work other areas of Activities on a regular basis, such as: Boat Dock, Kids’ Club, Information Summerhouse, Tennis, Campfires, and special events.
- Work flexible or changing days and hours; including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and occasionally up to 14 hours per shift.
- Handle adversity, change or emergency situations calmly and with a level head.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Demonstrate patience with children (age 2-17) as well as adults.
- Memorize a history tour of the grounds, trails, and story of Mohonk and the Smiley Family.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 75 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 100 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 feet.
- Experience or potential in a people-oriented job or potential for success in a people-oriented job preferred.
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license.
- CPR/First Aid certification strongly preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.