Room Service Server: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beverages in a timely fashion to guest rooms or functions in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up various food and beverage functions according to type of event and service standards.
- Ensure cleanliness, neatness and correctness as well as replenish supplies and reset when necessary.
- Set up and clean areas for house guests, groups, in house and special functions.
- Set up, break down and carry tables and chairs in a safe manner.
- Perform cleaning duties and inspect equipment for damage or repair.
- Take food and beverage orders accurately via telephone or direct interaction with guests.
- Record transaction in Point of Sale system at time of order.
- Receive orders from guests and serve in an efficient, timely and professional manner, following guidelines as established.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with food course and/or beverages.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Learn standard menu items and daily specials so that you can describe them to the guest in detail and answer any questions that they may have.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Load and unload Room Service carts, prepare food and beverage items, and serve food and beverage items as needed.
- Deliver items ordered for room service meals and provide table service in guest rooms.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure cleanliness of areas throughout the resort.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Perform all of our service steps to provide our guests with the best service possible.
- Interact with guests, at their request for information or directions, in a positive manner and show them to their destination if possible.
- Take responsibility for all Mohonk equipment and supplies. Be careful to prevent loss and abuse of any items you use.
- Maintain a polite and pleasant personality.
- Work without supervision and/or alone when necessary.
- Ensure proper set-up, and replenishment of goods during tea service, coffee breaks, etc. and inspect with a natural or corrected vision.
- Drive, park, and backup vehicles safely ranging in size from utility carts to full size vans using only side mirrors.
- Safely handle sterno and hot items with care
- Push a full food cart that weighs up to 200 lbs. at a distance of about 50 yards without assistance.
- Handle dishes and glassware carefully.
- Negotiate stairs up and down, and uneven pathways while carrying full trays.
- Work under crowded noisy conditions and to navigate around guests with loaded trays and potentially hot items.
- Conduct routine inventory of stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Inspect work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of service.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 35 pounds from ground level up to shoulder level and carry a distance of up to ¼ mile feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 15 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, in/out elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 100 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage or Hospitality industry a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.