Painter: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains and improves interior and exterior surfaces of the Mohonk Mountain House resort property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare, paint and repaint all types of surfaces, interior and exterior, with various types of coatings and coating systems.
- Tape, finish and repair drywall.
- Plaster and lath interior surfaces repair.
- Remove and install of all types of wall coverings.
- Stain, color-match and refinish surfaces such as wood, drywall, etc.
- Perform light carpentry prep-work for repainting or papering on interior or exterior surfaces such as trim removal and replacement, window re-glazing, etc.
- Record and maintain a computer data base of finishes and locations.
- Clear communication of results of efforts completed all in progress.
- Use manual and power tools in their correct and safe manner, such as paint shakers, power sanders, power saws, power strippers, electric steamers, ladders, scaffolds, safety belts and ropes.
- Comprehend technical manuals or articles related to the field.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and move it up to 50 feet safely with or without assistance. Walk up to 15 miles per day.
- Drive standard transmission vehicles, including light trucks, in a safe manner.
- Work at least 80 feet above the ground using a Man-Lift.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, sit, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines (up to eight flights of stairs) climb up/down ladders up to 40 ft. or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 75 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 50 yards.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
- Distinguish between colors, shades, tints.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger oneself or others.
- Wear Proper Protective Equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating, safety regulations and Department guidelines.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications.
- Learn and utilize new methods, materials, procedures and systems.
- Work well under stressful conditions and circumstances.
- Work productively with minimal supervision.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Work additional hours beyond regularly scheduled work day (evenings and weekends) as necessary.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Answer questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License with at least 2 years of fully licensed driving experience.
- 10 years commercial painting experience and 5 years experience in airless spray painting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.