Barback: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directly assist bartenders and guests with beverage and food service by clearing and cleaning tables and other beverage areas, restocking supplies etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in set up and proper arrangement of bars and service stations before, during and after the closing, assuring cleanliness, neatness and correctness of Service Bar, Carriage Lounge, Spirits on the Sunset and Banquets. Maintain standards of cleanliness for all bar areas as established by supervisor.
- Deliver necessary equipment and beverages from storage areas to the bar. Secure bar storage areas.
- Set up beverages and glassware behind the bar. Remove unnecessary glass racks and boxes from the bar.
- Check the draft beers to ensure operation. Replace as necessary.
- Set-up bar equipment including shakers, tongs, spoons etc.
- Prepare garnishes by cutting fruit that the bartender will need during service.
- Pick up and distribute liquor and non-alcoholic beverages from the storage areas.
- Replenish beverages, fruit, glassware, napkins, etc. throughout the shift.
- Keep the bar area neat and clean before, during and after each shift. Including but not limited to bussing glassware, moping behind the bar, trash removal, wiping down all surfaces, draining ice, and cleaning dirty glasses in the dishwasher.
- Provide food service to Carriage Lounge and Spirits on the Sunset customers as required and remain up-to-date on menu offerings and service standards.
- Provide efficient, attentive, and professional service to co-workers and guests.
- Cooperate and assist all beverage personnel to assure the best possible service.
- Maintain knowledge of beverage and food items.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by New York State Alcohol Beverage Control Laws as well as Mohonk Mountain House Mountain House Alcohol Beverage Policy.
- Complete opening and closing side duties as assigned.
- Take responsibility for Mohonk Mountain House equipment and supplies. Prevent loss or abuse.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Receive cash from guests, make change as needed, verify validity of charges, record charges, and insure vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all monies.
- Follow management’s instructions and suggestions – verbal as well as in writing.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks. Work independently and cohesively as part of the team.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers. Wear required footwear as approved by Food and Beverage Department standards.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to all of Mohonk Mountain House Mountain House Mountain House safety and security regulations.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to counter and carries a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 350 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 200 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Taste sweet, sour, bitter, and salty and demonstrate a sense of smell.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 18 years old.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.