Group Recreation Facilitator: Full Time Year Round
Basic Job Function:
Group Recreation Facilitator reporting to the Group Recreation Sales Manager, is responsible for the operation and facilitation of the Group Recreation Department events. Including the selling planning, organizing, and coordinating of private group recreation events. In addition selling accommodation strategically to groups who require public room space and services in accordance with company policies and marketing team goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares material and supplies for corporate and family group events.
- Plans and coordinates private group events.
- Leads private group events.
- Facilitates Challenge Course events as required.
- With the Recreation and Entertainment Director develop and implement new private group events.
- Establish a relationship and maintain current client base in specific markets.
- Participate in identifying new markets, targeting potential clients and pursuing sales business.
- Develop and make effective use of sales resources, Delphi database records, telemarketing, sales calls, recommendations for advertising, trade show, market research, site visits, etc…
- Make outside sales calls and attend trade show, meeting, etc, and conduct on-site tours with prospective clients.
- Uses computerized sales and catering program (Delphi) to maintain a database of all current and past individual accounts.
- Negotiates terms of agreement with clients in accordance with established rates and policies; may include coordination of some market requests. In association with the Group Recreation Sales Manager.
- Work with the Group Recreation Sales Manager to develop new events and activities.
- Handle adversity, change and emergency situations calmly and with a level head.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Flexible enough to rock scramble and lead guests through rock scrambles.
- Neat, clean and well groomed.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Identify safety hazards and inspect the work of others by sight, sound, and or smell. Ensure hazards are corrected.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- Speak clearly in front of many people.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Manipulate and setup sports equipment.
- Memorize a history tour of the grounds, trails, and story of Mohonk and the Smiley Family.
- Work weekends and holidays and 6 days per week.
- Participate in day and overnight travel to meet with prospective sales clients.
- Make “cold sales calls.”
- Clear understanding of group sales functions as they pertain to Mohonk Mountain House values and traditions.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Clear pleasant speaking voice for in-person and telephone conversations.
- Clear, concise written skills; must have good business writing skills.
- Listen to guest and employee needs and requests intuitively and respond in a friendly and outgoing manner
- Possess good disciplinary and interpersonal skills, a professional appearance and manner and enjoy working with people in a service position; maintains a sense of humor.
- Take initiative and work without supervision.
- Show discretion and loyalty to management; uses discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Carries a two-way portable radio and earpiece to communicate and provide immediate response to emergency situations.
- Book private experiences and events, and bill guests through the use of a PC
- BS Degree in Sport Management, Recreation, or similar field. In lieu of degree 3 years of proven work history in a Recreation setting with increasing responsibility.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- CPR/First Aid/Lifeguard Training
- Keyboard and computer knowledge including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher as well as internet knowledge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.