Conference Services Attendant; Full time year round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for set up, service and breakdown of all meetings, private functions, hospitalities and coffee breaks. Also assists with regular cleaning, maintenance and up keep of all meeting rooms and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Execute requirements relating to meetings, programs, guest entertainment, and food functions; coordinate this work with other departments as per Banquet Event Orders.
- Set up and break down audio visual equipment including microphones, speakers, sound boards, LCD projectors, televisions, media players, both during functions and between uses, including delivery and pickup of TVs by guest request.
- Troubleshoot problems with audio visual equipment and Windows-based and Mac operating systems.
- Maintain conference equipment by checking all aspects of equipment requiring bending and kneeling to floor level to check legs on chairs, tables, table cloths, and other equipment.
- Perform minor maintenance on conference equipment requiring good dexterity with tools and cordless equipment.
- Maintain inventory and control of all conference supplies, including audio/visual equipment, pencils/pens, stationary, tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Follow and complete schedule of daily tasks. Complete necessary logs as needed.
- Clean, organize, and maintain all conference storage areas. Perform daily and regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance of meeting rooms before, during and after scheduled usage.
- Vacuum carpeted areas, dry/wet mop hardwood floors, wipe up any spills, and remove smudges from window sills.
- Maintain good communication with departments regarding events.
- Understand company goals and policies; participate in establishing and maintaining departmental standards.
- Traverse the property to travel to and from the Conference Center and other locations.
- Follow all policy and procedures to provide correct, efficient, friendly service to our guests.
- Speak, read, and write in English and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Carry a two-way radio and use earpiece as a communication device and understand proper procedure for use of radios.
- Anticipate and assist guests with tact and use a diplomatic approach in all situations.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to all of Mohonk Mountain House safety and security regulations.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintain a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other staff, management, vendors and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays and during peak periods of business. Work three meals per day as needed.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks. Work independently and as part of a team.
- Lift up to 100 pounds from ground level and carries a distance of up to 30 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Disassemble conference rooms at appropriate break down times requiring bending and lifting 5-70 pound conference and banquet tables, lifting banquet chairs in stacks of 7 to 5’ height.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Push, pull and lift a variety of conference tables and other equipment weighing 5-70 pounds; put risers into place each weighing 150 pounds; lift 24 pound 3’ x 3’ dance floor sections and bend down to construct them; move chairs of various weights and styles.
- Walk and push equipment carts weighing up to 300 lbs. safely up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 150 feet.
- Walk and push refresh cart weighing up to 30 lbs. to specific rooms on upper and lower floors.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Drive, park and backup vehicles safely including a box truck, pickup truck and golf cart using only side mirrors.
- Drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles in a safe, legal manner.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.