Overnight Clerk; Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Front Desk Clerk is essentially responsible for checking guests in and out of rooms graciously, efficiently, and as accurately as possible for the highest level of guest service, and processes all charges and payments, along with providing information about the resort. The ideal candidate would be courteous, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; have the ability to understand and explain billing and payment options, have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, have the ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email, be able to stand for long periods of time, and have a flexible work schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent Mohonk to the guest so as to promote customer loyalty and provide an exceptionally high level of service
- Understand and comply with resort and departmental policies and procedures including required uniform and dress code policies
- Provide professional customer service with a desire to exceed including exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Display effective computer literacy and be familiar with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel). OPERA Software knowledge a plus. Use Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards to protect credit card and personal information
- Attend required coaching and training sessions as scheduled to review service quality and productivity
- Maintain a complete knowledge of: All resort features, services, and activities, along with hours of operation; Daily house counts, along with arrivals and departures; Scheduled group and transient activity sheets; Room availability; Room types, rates, promotions, and amenities; Dining locations and hours of operations
- Answer telephone calls and emails in a clear and professional manner using the correct greeting and grammar usage
- Transfer special unrelated front desk telephone calls to the appropriate departments
- Advise guests of messages (telephone, fax, etc.) and package deliveries.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Maintain an assigned cash bank of up to $700.00 and insure accuracy of contracted amount
- Understand proper accounting procedures for deposits, refunds, rate adjustments, and end of shift audits.
- Adhere to cashiering and accounting policies.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, miscellaneous charges, and room charges
- Cash guests personal checks via established Mohonk procedure
- Settle guest room accounts
- Count a bank and ensure proper amount is present.
- Perform an audit via Opera (PMS) programming (balance receipts) then put cash envelope (with witness present) in the drop safe
- Process guest check-ins using established resort procedures. Ability to verify registration cards for the correct information and obtain guest signatures and any necessary paperwork
- Set-up guest reservation billing accounts for each person checking-in according to requests/requirements (shares, separate room rates/tax/incidentals, routing, comps)
- Collect information for guest billing, including tax exempt status information, credit card, check, or cash
- Assist customers with questions regarding their existing reservations
- Make a “walk-in” reservation
- Understand reservation codes, other input codes, and special traces
- Enter and confirm reservations in the property management system with the utmost accuracy and detail to capture important information
- Generate and communicate daily traced requests, special attention guests, and VIPs for the front desk and other departments
- Prepare key packets and registration card arrival boxes for reserved designated group business
- Organize guest registration cards by filing all cards accurately in room number order
- Relay and process safety deposit box usage information and availability to guests
- Follow opening and closing procedure checklists
- Document guest requests, concerns, and needs; and immediately communicate with appropriate departments/personnel. Following-up to make sure the guest is satisfied with the resolution using Mohonk’s Second Effort procedures
- Keep a clean and neat work station, restocking office supplies and paperwork as necessary
- Use good interpersonal skills and willing to follow the Mohonk Mountain House Service Program
- Maintain professional composure and use good manners on the telephone and in person
- Maintain a calm demeanor when under pressure
- Be dependable, responsible, and punctual and; and maintain good attendance
- Remain standing for at least an eight hour shift
- Learn and effectively process job responsibilities efficiently and confidently
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance during work shifts
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Clearly communicate in English, verbally and written with guests, coworkers, and management
- Demonstrate computer proficiency with data entry and Windows based programs
- Walk about the Mountain House to offer guest room shows
- Navigate up to six flights of stairs. Supplies and guestrooms require the use of stairs
- Lift as much as 15 lbs. (brochure, folio paper, registration card, and envelope boxes)
- Hear requests from guests as well as co-workers and management
- Read a computer monitor and enter pertinent data into the computer with a keyboard
- Maintain focus on the job task at hand to think clearly and quickly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.