Floor Attendant,3pm to 11:30pm: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for ensuring quality and clean facilities throughout the hotel, and stocks guest rooms with towels and linens, furnishings and any other supplies a guest may need or request. At all times must be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fulfill requests for items such as pillows, linen, paper goods, light bulbs, boxed or unboxed beds, cribs, furniture, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Move cabinets, boxes, furniture, and equipment to clean areas.
- Sweep, mop, dust, vacuum, wax, and buff dining areas, meeting rooms, and public areas as assigned.
- Clean and disinfect public areas. Empty trash receptacles and sanitize. Transport trash to proper waste unit.
- Remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Maintain the appearance of the public areas, including hallways, staircases and entrances.
- Clean walls, ceilings, fixtures, windows and equipment.
- Remove recyclable materials from offices and public areas.
- Respond quickly to guest requests for furniture, heaters, fans, refrigerators, and other guest items routinely supplied by the Housekeeping Department. When unable to fill a guest request directly, communicate the request to ensure the request is communicated to Housekeeping Supervisor or Manager.
- Deliver firewood to guest rooms in accordance with the Housekeeping Procedures.
- Document and maintain a written record of all deliveries.
- Write Maintenance requests for areas or equipment in need of repair or in need of preventative maintenance.
- Protect the property of Mohonk Mountain House in all areas of the house, noting and reporting any changes, damage, or missing items of furniture or decorative items.
- Return all equipment used during the shift to the storage areas in which they found it; leaves all closets cleared of trash and locked.
- Respond quickly to reports of incidents requiring cleanup and follows established standards for cleanup.
- Participate in special cleaning projects.
- Operate machinery such as vacuums, carpet cleaning machines, floor buffers, washers, dryers, ironer/folders, elevators, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and routine preventative maintenance on Housekeeping equipment such as rotary floor machines, vacuums, etc.
- Maintain appropriate supply levels of paper goods, soap, and other supplies. Restock and organize storage closets neatly.
- Work with chemical cleansers, disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Work under pressure and maintain composure while dealing with large volumes of people.
- Check for and immediately report any damaged or missing furnishings or decorative items throughout the hotel.
- Sign out keys and return at the end of shift.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment as prescribed by cleaning agent or in accordance with our Mohonk Mountain House Standards and Protocols.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist and carry a distance of up to 25 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds through passageways, up and down stairs, or in/out of elevators.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other staff, management, vendors and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous hotel-related/cleaning experience desired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.