Golf Course Helper: Seasonal until 11/3
Basic Job Function:
Perform tasks as assigned by supervisors. Those duties to
include but not limited to: mowing, trimming, edging, cart path maintenance, bunkers, weeding, raking, pest control, facility maintenance, golf course clean up, turf renewal and installation of new golf course features.
Essential Job Functions :
- Perform all tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Work with staff to maintain the integrity of the golf course and its
- Learn new tasks and procedures as assigned.
- Responsible for the maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Insure safety of guests, employees and self, anywhere on the property.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations and wear safety equipment as required by SBI.
- Assist staff in the preparation and planning of all lawn and golf course projects, special tasks and programs.
- Work with other departments to insure guest satisfaction, convenience and professionalism.
- Support other departments in the completion of related tasks.
- Maintain golf course inventories of equipment, tools, and supplies.
Communicate needs to supervisor.
- Maintain current turf, grass and plant knowledge, technical updates, and provide support for our IPM program.
- Interact with fellow staff and guests in a professional, courteous method.
- Positively influence staff morale and exemplify a cooperative attitude.
- Support all SBI programs and policies.
- Maintain a clean, neat, professional appearance.
Other Job Functions
- Pay close attention to details.
- Maintain order on job site and within the golf course storage areas.
- Assist with regular activities and arrangements for special occasions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Abilities and Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be in good physical condition in order to complete essential job duties. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. from ground to 3 feet, stoop and lift a 30 lb. object from ground level to over head, stand, bend , reach, lift, kneel, walk (3 mph ), climb ladders and go up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work during extremes of weather, summer heat to winter cold, in order to perform essential job functions.
- Must have good communications skills in written and verbal English in order to communicate with staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Must have good vision and proper color identification so as to recognize visual indicators concerning golf course and plant health needs.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with a variety of people.
- Must be able to work under pressure, maintaining good personal composure, occasional overtime, holidays and weekends, as required.
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.