Cross Country Ski Groomer: Part Time Seasonal until 4/1/19
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the Ski Manager with meeting specific operational goals by performing general and specific ski trail and snow tubing maintenance procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain safe, quality ski trails and snow tubing conditions for guests.
- Promote Mohonk Mountain House’s unique cross-country skiing snowshoeing, and snow tubing experience while interacting with guests.
- Organize and communicate to Ski Manager all information relating to guest needs and potential skiing and snow tubing condition problems or concerns.
- Maintain safe and professional operation of grooming snowmobiles and grooming implements.
- Interact cordially and professionally with all guests and co-workers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the ski and activities staff and all other Mohonk Mountain House service staff.
- Perform minor equipment maintenance “on-the-spot” to grooming equipment and snowmobiles so facility preparation may continue.
- Perform trail and sign maintenance as needed.
- Make ski trail recommendations to guests with safety and skier ability being the primary determining factors of each recommendation.
- Inspect trail conditions and make recommendations for usage and maintenance.
- Demonstrate an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Trustworthy, dependable and honest.
- Work flexible or changing days and hours.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day. Reach areas as high as 8 feet from a standing position with use of a step ladder.
- Walk in snow up to 3 feet deep.
- Safely operate a snowmobile at 20 mph, a snow blower, and a chainsaw.
- Maneuver a snowmobile out of a ditch.
- Use basic hand tools, bow saw, winch, cable puller, and tow strap.
- Shovel deep, heavy snow.
- Work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Handle change, adversity, and pressure situations in a calm and levelheaded manner.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Carry a two-way portable radio and earpiece to communicate and provide immediate response to emergency situations.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Speak clearly and in front of groups of people, up to 15 people.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.