Ice Skate Shop Attendant: Seasonal until 4/15
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure a pleasant experience to our guests by entertaining and anticipating their needs including fielding questions about the property and activities available to them. This could be in person or by telephone. Assist guests with proper sizing of skates and helmets to ensure their safety. Maintain a safe environment at the Pavilion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Arrive prepared and on time; maintain good attendance.
- Be a competent ice skater.
- Communicate clearly; explain and enforce safety, rules, and regulations; encourage and role model appropriate behavior on the ice.
- Understand and comply with resort and departmental policies and procedures including required uniform and dress code policies.
- Assist with programming and lesson scheduling times.
- Communicate cost and cancellation policies face to face and over the phone.
- Speak positively about Mohonk, guests, and co-workers.
- Seek ways to enhance the guest experience in unexpected ways asking, “How can I exceed your expectations?”
- Maintain a consistent attitude; cheerful, positive, and “can do”.
- Respond in an encouraging manner with alternate solutions to meet the guests needs or requests; show initiative and take action with appropriate level of independence.
- Interest in working with young or adolescent children.
- Work in the cold for as long as 3 hours in a row.
- Snow and ice removal as needed; use a shovel or snow blower.
- Detect and eliminate/reduce potential hazards from and around the facility, performing safety checks on equipment being used.
- Give accurate and updated information about the rink, daily session times, and other activities offered at Mohonk.
- Maintain a clean Pavilion shop area – including shop appearance, cleaning skates and helmets, stocking the cooler and candy.
- Sell merchandise and drinks.
- Answer phones in a clear and professional manner, and retrieve voicemails, with capability of taking precise written notes/ messages.
- Operate POS cash register, record allocations of skate usage, differentiate the denominations of U.S. currency and coins, and make change in a timely manner during a transaction.
- Process reservations through a computer based system with utmost accuracy and detail.
- Coordinate completion of the winter sports waiver and give a completed waiver card to overnight guests.
- Cash out at the end of the shift and turn in money and receipts, adhering to cashiering and accounting policies.
- Strong ability to multi-task and pay attention to operational details while being attentive to guests.
- Handle adversity, change, and emergency situations calmly and with a level head.
- Embrace and apply Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies.
- Attend and participate in daily shift briefing.
- Work evenings, weekends, holidays, and an ever changing schedule including split shifts.
- Exercise good disciplinary and interpersonal skills.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Manipulate sports equipment.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 100 feet.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment appropriate to the task being performed.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Clearly communicate results of efforts, problem resolution steps, and completed tasks verbally and in writing.
- Speak clearly in front of groups of up to 20 people; communicate well so that guests of any age can understand.
- Assist in other recreation venues.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Standard CPR/First Aid training preferred
- Prior experience in a customer service position preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.