Assistant Wedding Host: Part Time Year Round
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Provide and assist with service and safety for Mohonk Mountain House wedding events.
The host works closely with Wedding Coordinator to help set the stage for a positive wedding experience from the moment guests arrive. The host understands and supports all policies to ensure a safe and secure environment for all our guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet wedding guests in welcoming manner upon arrival.
- Direct guests to their designated locations, i.e., ceremony and reception areas.
- Assist in patrolling indoor and outdoor ceremony areas, allowing for less interruption, traffic, and noise from other guests, day hikers, etc.
- Assist guests, as needed, with special needs, i.e., wheelchair, golf cart service.
- Assist with ceremony and reception set up of signs, programs, place cards, favors, etc.
- Assist guests with seating location at reception.
- Able to exert physical effort and endure abundant physical movement inside and
outside the Mohonk Mountain House in preparation for and during the wedding.
- Able to stand for long periods of time for the purpose of patrolling function areas.
- Work efficiently, sometimes under pressure, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Work weekends, holidays, day and evening hours.
- Drive and operate a golf cart in a safe and appropriate manner adhering to
Mohonk Mountain House guidelines.
- Understand and maintain NYS and Mohonk Mountain House liquor regulations concerning alcohol consumption, and attend T.I.P.S certification training.
- Speak in clear and concise manner with staff and guests.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House dress and grooming standards, presenting a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, confident, understanding, and respectful manner.
- Familiar with and apply Mohonk Mountain House 14 Service Steps and Strategies.
- Assist wedding guests with questions or complaints to the best ability, and report
to Wedding Coordinator for further assistance and documentation, as needed.
- Adhere to all Mohonk Mountain House company policies and procedures.
- Promote safe and secure working environment, and notify Mohonk Mountain House Security immediately to emergency situations.
- High School graduate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior work experience in dealing with the public.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.