Marketing Assistant - Seasonal until 3/31/20
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primarily responsible for supporting the Marketing team to achieve business goals through organization of department assets, digital marketing projects, basic graphic design, social media, and public relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exhibit a strong passion for marketing and interest in continued education in the field
- Execute updates to internal graphic design projects using existing templates (i.e. signage, coupons, trail maps, menus, etc.)
- Post Mohonk Mountain House events to online event calendars in the Hudson Valley region
- Write blog articles as directed by Content Marketing Manager
- Complete research projects related to social media, regional publications, and other marketing opportunities
- Assist in preparation for on-site photo shoots, video shoots and press visits
- Assist in preparation for off-site events and coordinate travel for Marketing team members
- Provide administrative support to Marketing team members as projects arise
- Make simple website edits in consultation with the Digital Marketing Manager
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Wordpress or comparable website content management platform
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free copy
- Prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Work quickly and independently exhibiting good judgment in situations of ambiguity.
- Identify opportunities for cross-promotions and help execute partnership terms and criteria.
- Communicate the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way and maintain Mohonk brand standards on all printed materials
- Contribute weekly to Marketing team meetings
- Demonstrate expertise with Windows-based operating systems and software including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Work in office setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises
- Maintain a consistent work schedule of 20 hours per week (at least 4 days during Monday through Friday) through March 27, 2020.
- Work extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House dress and grooming standard
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and current information about Mohonk Mountain House
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit or stand for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 20 pounds from ground level to counter level and carry a distance of up to 25 feet with/without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Distinguish between colors, shades, tints.
- Pursuing or completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field.
- At least 1-3 years of marketing, journalism, and/or graphic design experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel required.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.