HVAC Mechanic; Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain and repair residential and commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning installations along with Refrigeration equipment and Geo-thermal heating and cooling systems for the Mohonk Mountain House complex.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot and repair direct digital control (DDC) systems installation.
- Complete routine maintenance and operational checks of all installations on a checklist basis.
- Maintain written work history files on all installations.
- Identify, diagnose, repair/replace domestic and commercial A/C, heating, refrigeration, cubers and appliances and their components as warranted.
- Pull a vacuum and recharge existing and new installations.
- Diagnose cooling problems, troubleshoot, repair and re-wire control systems.
- Troubleshoot system control circuits.
- Work with and troubleshoot electrical installations up to 480, three phase.
- Read and follow electrical and refrigeration schematic and one-line diagrams.
- Repair/replace pumps, controllers and motors of all makes and sizes.
- Join refrigeration copper, steel and aluminum piping and lay out installations of runs.
- Conduct daily inspections of equipment to determine proper operation, including leak
- Diagnose and repair commercial kitchen appliances.
- Develop installation checklists and perform checks on a daily, monthly and seasonal basis.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant re-claiming.
- Inspect and test system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and detect and locate malfunctions.
- Recommend, develop and perform preventative and general maintenance procedures as cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts and changing filters.
- Assist other Engineering and Maintenance staff and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Educate co-workers on systems operation to assist in maintaining a smooth operating plant.
- Learn and utilize new methods, materials and procedures and systems.
- Communicate results clearly of efforts, problem resolution steps and completed tasks verbally and in writing.
- Supply all tools and test equipment.
- Safely use all types of power and hand held tools of the refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, heating and electrical trades.
- Adhere to all OSHA guidelines and standards including but not limited to lock out-tag out, confined space, hot-work, SDS, Personal Protective Equipment, etc.
- Operate both automatic and manual transmission vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating, safety regulations and Department guidelines.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Read and comprehend technical manuals, diagrams, and blue prints.
- Learn and utilize new methods, materials, procedures, and systems.
- Inspect work and work areas by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to shoulder and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 15 miles per day.
- Perform work duties up to 80 feet above the ground.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 750 feet.
- Pass through and work in tight, enclosed, and confined spaces.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Carry a two-way portable radio and earpiece to communicate and enable immediate response to emergency situations.
- Drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Work additional hours beyond regularly scheduled work day (evenings and weekends) as necessary.
- Work extended hours or on short notice in emergency situations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Answer questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Minimum of five (5) years of field experience in refrigeration/HVAC systems
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.