Overnight Clerk: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for check-in and check-out of hotel guests courteously and efficiently while maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction. Maintain the resort’s communication by processing incoming and outgoing calls for guests and employees. Responds to emergency situations in a calm, efficient manner by following Mohonk’s Emergency Guide and Response Manuals. Responsible for accounting functions as they relate to processing the business day and accompanying reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent Mohonk to the guest so as to promote customer loyalty and provide an exceptionally high level of service.
- Understand and comply with resort and departmental policies, procedures, and customs including required uniform and dress code policies.
- Provide professional customer service with a desire to exceed including exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Answer telephone calls and emails in a clear and professional manner using the correct greeting and grammar usage.
- Transfer incoming telephone calls to the appropriate extensions and departments.
- Display effective computer literacy skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel). OPERA Software knowledge a plus. Use Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards to protect credit card and personal information.
- Attend required coaching and training sessions as scheduled to review service quality and productivity.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of: All resort features, services, and activities, along with hours of operation; Daily house counts, along with arrivals and departures; Scheduled group and transient activity sheets; Room availability; Room types, rates, promotions, and amenities; Dining locations and hours of operations.
- Understand proper accounting procedures for deposits, refunds, rate adjustments, and end of shift audits.
- Understand reservation codes, other input codes, and special traces.
- Adhere to cashiering and accounting policies.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, miscellaneous charges, and room charges.
- Cash guests personal checks via established Mohonk procedure.
- Settle guest room accounts.
- Count a bank and ensure proper amount is present.
- Perform an audit via Opera (PMS) programming (balance receipts) then put cash envelope (with witness present) in the drop safe.
- Process guest check-ins using established resort procedures. Ability to verify registration cards for the correct information and obtain guest signatures and any necessary paperwork.
- Maintain a working knowledge of, but not limited to: Avaya PBX System, Portable Radio System, Paging System, Opera PMS software, Reservations Assistant software.
- Communicate clearly in a precise manner on the telephone, paging system, pagers, and in person with a clear and pleasant speaking voice.
- Operate the emergency alarm notifier and/or implement appropriate emergency procedures and remain calm in an emergency situation.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Act as the Manager on Duty (MOD) in the event of an emergency until the on-call overnight MOD arrives on the scene.
- Record and maintain the Second Effort log for maintenance, housekeeping, and conference services requests and follow-up to guest and employee request/issues.
- Log/write and deliver incoming/outgoing messages/faxes for guests and employees.
- Access all functions of the property management software as it relates to guest service/information to answer questions.
- Reserve day-of dinner reservations for overnight guests.
- Work well with guests and fellow employees to resolve complaints/issues in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate enjoyment working with people in a service position.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Remain stationary at assigned posts for extended periods of time either standing or sitting.
- Lift as much as 20 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Read a computer monitor and enter pertinent data into the computer with a keyboard.
- Hear requests from guests as well as co-workers and management.
- Maintain focus on the job task at hand to think clearly and quickly.
- Flexible with work schedule.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Be dependable, responsible, and punctual and; and maintain good attendance.
- Learn and effectively process job responsibilities efficiently and confidently.
- Demonstrate good organization skills and attention to detail efficiently.
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed during work shifts.
- Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred
- Prior overnight shift experience preferred
- Prior experience with PBX or similar communication consuls preferred
- High School Diploma
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.