Bath Attendant: Seasonal until 11/15
Maintains the cleanliness and safety of the public area restrooms as well as provide exceptionally customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clean and disinfect restrooms located in public areas. Brush and scrub toilets, urinals, sinks and drains. Clean mirrors, sink-tops, and all bathroom surfaces. Clean and sanitize baby changing stations.
- Empty trash receptacles, sanitary disposal boxes, and sanitize. Transport trash to proper waste unit.
- Maintain appropriate supply levels of paper goods, soap, and other supplies.
- Work with chemical cleansers, disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Sweep, mop, and/or vacuum floors according to standards.
- Spot check restrooms throughout the day and ensure clean and neat appearance.
- Work under pressure and maintain composure while dealing with large volumes of people.
- Comprehend the special cleaning needs of public restrooms and is motivated to meet the challenge those facilities present while acting in a manner which allows maximum privacy and consideration to guests and employees.
- Check for and immediately report any damaged or missing furnishings or decorative items throughout the hotel.
- Sign out keys and return at the end of shift.
- Maintain cleanliness of Public Restroom Cart and ensure it is presentable. Restock with appropriate level of supplies.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment as prescribed by cleaning agent or in accordance with our Mohonk Mountain House Standards and Protocols.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 3-4 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist and carry a distance of up to 25 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 12 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds through passageways, in/out of elevators.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work additional hours beyond regularly scheduled work day (evenings and weekends) as necessary.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous cleaning experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice.