Spa Attendant: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains, organizes, and cleans all necessary items and areas in the Spa. Ensures all supplies guests use are restocked and all areas are continuously monitored for cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Wear Proper Protective Equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees, or hotel assets.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Work productively with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Attend trainings as needed to develop work knowledge and safety.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to four feet and carries a distance of up to 50 feet with/without assistance.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds through passageways, elevators, or outdoors.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines, and changing priorities and conditions.
- Clean designated areas according to set guidelines and protocols.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Fold laundry as specified to type ranging from small items such as washcloths to large blankets and towels.
- Operate laundry equipment effectively and within specified guidelines.
- Sort soiled laundry appropriately and efficiently.
- Complete shift check list for duties assigned for opening or closing shifts.
- Sanitize touch point areas wearing appropriate protective equipment and complete check list daily.
- Report damaged or missing furnishings or decorative items.
- Complete guest and staff requests in a timely manner. Report to a supervisor if a request will not be completed in a timely manner.
- Attend daily shift briefing.
- Complete routine and when necessary deep cleaning of areas as required.
- Sanitize hydrotherapy tub as needed following protocols and wearing protective equipment.
- Stock tea bars, guest locker room amenities, supply closets, and towel storage as assigned.
- Demonstrate high moral character in handling lost items and valuables turning them in immediately to designated lost and found area.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with guests and staff.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.