Inspector; Seasonal until 12/31
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise work activities of Housekeeping Staff to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in the House, Cottages and Grove Lodge. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action. Oversee and inspect housekeeping supplies and equipment, take periodic inventories, and provide ongoing training for Housekeeping Staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs opening and/or closing routines for the Housekeeping Department.
- Plans and coordinates cleaning operations, develops written instructions and keeps records.
- Prioritizes and organizes the work assignments of self and staff fairly and in the best interest of Mohonk Mountain House.
- Issues supplies and equipment to staff.
- Tours the Cottages, Grove Lodge and other public areas outside as assigned.
- Inspects the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Conducts inspections of furnishings and decorative items placement in Cottages and Grove Lodge and ensures areas are cleaned and prepared according to standards.
- Examines interior and exterior of buildings to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Produces the Housekeeping report, obtains list of rooms for cleaning, prioritizes, and initiates work assignments. Updates report regularly and ensures report is thorough, accurate and free of omissions and errors.
- Exchanges communications regarding room status with Front Desk, Call Center, and Housekeeping Staff in a timely manner.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Coordinates Housekeeping tasks in conjunction with the tasks of other departments as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains a respectful working relationship staff throughout the house.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Communicates the progress of daily work with other inspectors and Housekeeping Managers.
- Attentive to guest requests and ensures such requests are communicated to the proper individuals; provides follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Mohonk Mountain House dress and grooming standards.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor when interacting with Mohonk Mountain House guests and staff.
- Represents the Housekeeping Department in a positive and professional manner and serves as a role model for Housekeeping staff.
- Conveys to staff the importance of the Housekeeping operations to the rest of the House.
- Demonstrates, educates, promotes, and ensures safety for self and others.
- Educates and counsels staff on Mohonk Mountain House policies and procedures; takes corrective action when appropriate.
- Conducts onboarding training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Evaluates job performance of staff and provides recommendations and feedback, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, and maintains pleasant can-do attitude.
- Works with management and staff to provide comfort and contentment of guests.
- Uses discretion in handling of confidential information.
- Maintains composure under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Facilitates daily Shift Briefings and attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and payroll, and prepares periodic reports.
- Participates in developing improvements in operational efficiency, services, as well as standards and procedures for the Housekeeping department.
- Dependable and flexible regarding scheduling including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and peak periods of business.
- Reaches with hands and arms, bends, kneels, stoops, walks up and down stairs, sits, climbs up/down ladders or stands for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 40 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 500 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 12 miles per day.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Resort/Hotel/Motel Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.