Granary Server: Seasonal until 9/29
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The server is responsible for setting up various stations and buffet lines at outdoor eating venues such as the Granary, Picnic Lodge, Pavilion or other designated location. The server delivers the food, maintains the appropriate amount of food during the meal, and cleans up after the meal. The server directly interacts with guests and is expected to provide prompt and courteous service to the guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up and maintain stations under the supervision of the Granary Manager/Captain.
- Deliver serving pans of hot and cold food items from the kitchen and insert into the buffet line.
- Replenish hot and cold food items on buffet, keep pans full, clean, and attractive during entire meal period. Safely handle items with care.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Carve meat on the buffet line and serve to guests. Serve other food items on the buffet line to guests.
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
- Ensure the quality of food items offered. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Remove left over food items from buffet line at the end of a meal. Maintain cleanliness of the serving area during the meal period. Clean buffet food line and equipment at the end of meal.
- Ensure all stations are properly broken down and reusable items are returned to the main kitchen. Return equipment and supplies to storage areas.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards. Maintain proper condition, storage, servicing and cleanliness of buffet equipment.
- Wash and disinfect buffet area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Learn standard menu items so that you can describe them to the guest in detail and answer any questions they may have.
- Serve guests in an efficient, timely and professional manner following the established sequence of service.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Handle dishes and glassware carefully.
- Clean before, during and after service, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of special functions.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff throughout the property.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Break down, thoroughly clean and scrutinize stations. Walk serving areas and remove trash and food waste from the grounds and dispose of in proper receptacles.
- Assume responsibility for all Mohonk Mountain House equipment and supplies. Use caution to prevent loss and abuse of Mohonk Mountain House property.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintain a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Wear Mohonk Mountain House approved safety shoes, and proper safety equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays and during peak periods of business.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read, and write in English and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bends, kneels, stoops, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, and stand for up to 3-4 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 35-40 lbs. from ground level to waist height and carry up to 100 feet without assistance.
- Lift up to 35-40 lbs. from waist height to shoulder height and carry up to 500 feet without assistance.
- Stand or walk for up to five hours at a time. Walk up to 6 miles per shift.
- Negotiate stairs up and down while carrying full trays.
- Work under crowded and noisy conditions and to navigate around guests.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest’ personal information and use with discretion.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- At least 17 years of age.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.