Turndown Attendant: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Turndown Attendant works evenings to refresh the occupied guest room in appearance by tidying and providing turndown service in preparation for the guest return to the room. Extra touches are provided to ensure the room is clean, attractive and welcoming according to standard.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enter guest rooms and provide turn down service by neatly pulling back the bed covers, placing a chocolate amenity on the pillow(s) and placing a poem on the bed in preparation for guest return.
- Tidy up bedroom, place shoes at the foot of the bed, and fold any unfolded clothing that is left out in the room.
- Vacuum the guest bedroom and empty trash/recycling bins.
- Refresh and tidy bathrooms by emptying trash and replacing/replenishing towels.
- Replace and restock items provided for guest use within each room and bathrooms.
- Inspect that furnishings in guest rooms are placed correctly and neat in appearance and condition.
- Remove Room Service trays, dishes and carts from room and place in designated hallway locations.
- Cover trays and carts with napkin and write down locations of Room Service trays, dishes and carts and call Room Service to retrieve.
- Turn on guest room bedside lamp upon completion of turndown service before exiting the guest room.
- Secure the guest room door upon exit.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Complete turndown paperwork neatly, thoroughly and accurately including correct date, room number, room attendant name and signature.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Present him/herself in a friendly and professional manner in all interactions with guests, co-workers and other departments.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicates in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time. Perform repetitive hand and arm movements.
- Lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 35 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts safely with loads up to 100 pounds up and down stairs, in/out of elevators, through passageways.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Operate housekeeping vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License with at least two years of licensed driving experience.
- Previous hotel-related experience / cleaning desired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.