Front Office Supervisor - Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for supporting Front Office Managers in overseeing and training the Front Desk, Switchboard Operator, Postal Supervisor, and Overnight Clerk staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the Front Office operations in the absence of the Assistant Front Office Manager and/or Front Office Manager.
- Learns and performs the job functions of the Front Desk Clerk, Switchboard Operator, and Overnight Clerk as necessary.
- Maintains a cash bank of $200.
- Assists and provides coaching to the Front Office staff for the cash recycler that provides banks to all the retail departments within the company.
- Develops and maintains positive supervisory relationships with front office staff and management.
- Ensures quality service for guests at check-in and check-out through continued staff training on Mohonk's Service Steps and check-in/out processes.
- Maintains a clean, organized work space, and sees that all necessary supplies (vouchers, brochures, maps, audit sheets, paper products) are fully stocked and available.
- Leads by example, working side by side with desk agents during active business periods, providing outstanding customer service to every guest, especially by working shifts to see where help is most needed.
- Uses good interpersonal skills and enjoys working with people in a service orientated position.
- Assists guests with rooming or rate concerns, with room changes or bill adjustments. Help staff see each issue through to a positive outcome.
- Demonstrates the ability to think clearly, quickly, and make concise decisions.
- Leads daily morning and afternoon shift briefings for department.
- Processes daily check-in queue calls and due-out.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and provides training and support for new and existing staff of: Front Desk/Cashier/Night Clerk functions and duties; Adhere to tasks, procedures and policies; Functions and duties of the switchboard operation, emergency procedures, alarm panel, portable radios, and paging system; Rates, promotions, walk-ins; Arrivals, departures, room availability and house counts; All hotel features/services, hours of operation; All room types, numbers, layout, décor, and location of all rooms; Scheduled transient/group activity sheets.
- Creates weekly schedule. Enters schedule into ADP software and approves all shifts for Payroll.
- Monitors all day off and vacation requests.
- Assists Front Office Managers with billing calls and inquiries.
- Assists Front Office Managers with monitoring the daily credit authorization report and contacting guests as needed.
- Provides break coverage for both desk and switchboard.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the overnight operations of the Front Office and understands that they may be called upon in an emergency situation or during time of staffing need such as a vacation to provide coverage for that shift, as well as any other shift.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Attends all required training sessions or meetings, whether they are on-site or off-site.
- Maintains open and concise communications with the Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Manager in reference to all guests, staff, and resort events.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Analyzes problems and develops and implements action plans to address problems
- Documents guest requests, complaints, or problems immediately and notify the designated department/personnel for prompt resolution of the situation. Follow Mohonk’s second effort procedure.
- Communicates special guest information to other departments. Assists all departments/executives/staff in obtaining information about guests.
- Knows and complies with Mohonk Mountain House and departmental policies and procedures
- Follows and supports Mohonk Mountain House Service Standards, Initiatives and All Employee Service tasks.
- Access all functions of the computer system according to established Mohonk Mountain House procedures and standards.
- Promotes positive relationships with all persons who approach the front desk either physically, or via the telephone.
- Is dependable and maintains excellent attendance.
- Responds to requests immediately.
- Prioritizes, organizes, and follow-ups with a dutiful sense of urgency.
- Attends to details.
- Maintains the confidentiality of guest information and history.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of the telephone software.
- Maintains working knowledge of Mohonk’s Post Office.
- Understands Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System helpful
- Experience with computers, data entry, and keyboard necessary
- Experience in accounting or auditing helpful
- Inspects the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speaks, reads and writes the English language and communicates in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hears verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reaches with hands and arms, bends, kneels, stoops, twists and flexes arms, walks up and down stairs/inclines, sits, climbs up/down ladders or stands for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lifts up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 75 feet with/ without assistance. Walks up to 5 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Associates Degree minimum preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years in hotel industry with some supervisory experience desirable
- 2-3 years experience in hospitality
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.