Switchboard Operator: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Switchboard Operator manages the hotel communication center by processing incoming and outgoing calls for hotel guests and employees efficiently and courteously, while maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction. This position also responds to emergency situations in a calm, efficient, and organized manner by properly following Mohonk Mountain House’s “Emergency Guide & Response Manuals.”
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent Mohonk to the guest so as to promote customer loyalty and provide an exceptionally high level of service.
- Understand and comply with resort and departmental policies, procedures, and customs including required uniform and dress code policies.
- Provide professional customer service with a desire to exceed including exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Answer telephone calls and emails in a clear and professional manner using the correct greeting and grammar usage.
- Transfer incoming telephone calls to the appropriate extensions and departments.
- Strong ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail in an efficient manner.
- Display effective computer literacy skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel). OPERA Software knowledge a plus. Use Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards to protect credit card and personal information.
- Attend required coaching and training sessions as scheduled to review service quality and productivity.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of: All resort features, services, and activities, along with hours of operation; Daily house counts, along with arrivals and departures; Scheduled group and transient activity sheets; Room availability; Room types, rates, promotions, and amenities; Dining locations and hours of operations.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of, but not limited to: NEC PBX System, Portable Radio System, Paging System, Opera PMS software, Reservations Assistant software.
- Communicate clearly in a precise manner on the telephone, paging system, pagers, and in person with a clear and pleasant speaking voice.
- Work calmly during temporarily stressful events.
- Operate the emergency alarm notifier and/or implement appropriate emergency procedures and remain calm in an emergency situation.
- Log/write and deliver incoming/outgoing messages/faxes for guests and employees.
- Access all functions of the property management software as it relates to guest service/information to answer questions.
- Process check-ins and check-outs over the telephone or at the front desk if the agents need assistance.
- Maintain an accurate listing, open and concise communication with key positions on duty: Manager on Duty, Duty Mechanic, House Doctor, Security Officers, Guest Relations Manager, and additional department managers/supervisors.
- Record and maintain the Second Effort log for maintenance, housekeeping, and conference services requests and follow-up to guest and employee request/issues.
- Assist with clerical duties such as running guest lists, registration card batches for arriving guests, key packets, and filing and organizing BEO’s/group resumes. Understanding basic filing functions is required.
- Reserve day-of dinner reservations for overnight guests.
- Work well with guests and fellow employees to resolve complaints/issues in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate enjoyment working with people in a service position.
- Remain stationary at assigned posts for extended periods of time either standing or sitting.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift as much as 20 lbs. (brochure, folio paper, registration card, and envelope boxes) from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- Read a computer monitor and enter pertinent data into the computer with a keyboard.
- Hear requests from guests as well as co-workers and management.
- Maintain focus on the job task at hand to think clearly and quickly.
- Remain flexible with work schedule.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred
- Prior experience with PBX or similar communication consuls preferred
• High School Diploma
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.