Golf Shop Supervisor: Seasonal until 11/15
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the Golf Manager with operational aspects of the golf program-including Golf Shop operations, tournament coordination and execution, corporate group events, public relations, and sales to maximize Golf Course revenues while maintaining a high quality service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee daily operations of Golf Shop; including tee time reservations, equipment and merchandise sales, the rental of golf carts and clubs
- Responsible for positive guest relation, and a peaceful golfing experience.
- Promote Mohonk Mountain House’s unique golfing while interacting with guests.
- Organize and communicate to Golf Manager all information relating to guest needs and potential golf events, conditions, problems, or concerns.
- Answer phones in a clear, professional manner, and retrieve voicemails; return calls, accurately record messages, process payment, and follow through.
- Plan, implement and monitor golf leagues and golf handicapping.
- Re-grip golf clubs for players.
- Responsible for daily office procedures including purchasing software.
- Record and coordinate all golf lesson reservations.
- Responsible for all daily office procedures using tee sheet software to book tee times, voice-mail system, POS, Golf/Lunch package reservations, etc.
- Operate Point of Sale device to record all greens fee and cart rental sales, lessons, and merchandise sales.
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance in the Golf Shop at all times.
- Ranger-Patrol golf course, maintain safe and orderly pace of play.
- Conduct periodic inventory of golf shop merchandise.
- Stock beverage, snacks, and merchandise racks.
- Interact cordially and professionally with all guests and co-workers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the golf staff, golf grounds staff, recreation staff and all other Mohonk Mountain House service staff.
- Organize and inspect golf rental sets, maintain adequate rental sets.
- Inspect course conditions and make recommendations based on play of the course.
- Provide quick tips for beginning golfers
- Offer assistance to any member of the golf course staff when deemed necessary.
- Recognize and fix minor problems that occur with the engines and bodies of the golf carts.
- Repair minor damage to the golf course such as divots on the greens, tee boxes, broken signs, ropes, and tee markers.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Sell merchandise in the Golf Shop.
- Refill gas golf cart with gasoline at pumping station.
- Perform daily cleaning protocols.
- Handles change, adversity, and emergency situations in a calm and levelheaded manner.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Speak clearly and in front of groups of people up to 50 people.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Extensive knowledge of the game of golf including rules, etiquette, and play.
- CPR and First Aid Training preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.