Call Center Administrative Assistant: Full Time Year Round
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Call Center Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative tasks associated with the operation of the Call Center. The Administrative Assistant is tasked with the completion of reports and analyses that provide the Call Center Managers with information pertinent to the success of the Call Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist managers with administrative tasks to increase office efficiency.
- Be knowledgeable of Mohonk’s features, services, and hours of operation.
- Promote positive guest relations with both guests and co-works in person, in writing and over the telephone.
- Maintain open and concise communication with management, co-workers and guests.
- Maintain knowledge of all activities, program and additional fees that guests might incur and communicate this with co-workers.
- Communicate any concerns or suggestions of office operations between managers and call center staff.
- Relay proper policies when processing reservations, including; taxes, administrative fees, dress code, cancellation, check-in, check-out, dining, resort activities and amenities.
- Understand proper accounting procedures for deposits, refunds, rate adjustments and end of shift audits.
- Process special requirements and needs for guests through the proper channels so that the requests and needs are met accurately and to the guest’s satisfaction and safety.
- Respond to general emails, or forward them to the appropriate departments.
- Process online bookings and cancellations.
- Process gift card orders by packaging and shipping them, as well as capturing order information accurately.
- Process group reservations, including paper registration forms.
- Collect, enter, and organize tax exemption forms.
- Distribute faxes from copier to correct persons.
- Process complimentary or discounted reservation forms
- Deliver out-going and incoming mail to appropriate parties.
- Distribute call back slips from voicemail at start of shift and continue to monitor the voicemail throughout the day.
- Monitor and order office supplies as needed.
- Order staff uniforms.
- Pick up paychecks from payroll and distribute to Call Center staff.
- Print the travel agent commission report every two weeks. Ensure that the report includes all necessary information for proper processing.
- Prepare reports for Call Center Managers and Revenue Manager.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record credit transactions accurately.
- Maintain a calm demeanor when under pressure; act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation, speaking enthusiastically and engaging with others.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Work in office setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Work up to five hours viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- Remain sitting at a computer station for up to five hours to process reservations.
- Lift up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma.
- Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.