Accounts Payable Associate: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for financial and accounting functions, timely preparation of invoices, input, processing and payment. Maintain the integrity and accuracy of information dispersed by the accounting office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain all accounting records according to established Mohonk Mountain House retention standards and policies.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Input on a daily basis invoices into AP system using other Windows-based compatible software.
- Receive and answer phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices.
- Verify invoices for accuracy, compliance with Mohonk Mountain House procedures and proper job classification and account distribution.
- Maintain Accounts Payable physical and electronic files.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages with/without use of a calculator.
- Reconcile vendor statements to our records.
- Assist with other accounting functions including Inventory Control and General Ledger.
- Perform other data entry or clerical work as assigned with focus and attention to detail.
- Provide support in maintaining Excel spreadsheets related to Accounts Payable such as our FFE schedule, utility payments and others.
- Maintain vendor records for income tax purposes.
- Become familiar with State and Local sales tax rules and apply to invoices we pay.
- Design functional spreadsheets in MS Excel.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free copies.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions while maintaining composure.
- Assist Assistant Controller in identifying internal control or process weaknesses.
- Participate in developing and implementing improved processes.
- Undertake special projects as indicated by the Assistant Controller, Controller or Director of Finance.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests, vendors, and staff.
- Provide courteous service to all levels of coworkers and vendors including communications of noncompliance with policies.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s dress and grooming standards; being neat, clean and well groomed, maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors, vendors, and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Clearly communicate results of efforts, problem resolution steps and completed tasks verbally and in writing.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, climb up/down ladders or sit for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 20 pounds from ground level and carry a distance of up to 100 feet with/without assistance. Walk up to 2 miles per day.
- Demonstrate good dexterity in order to use common office equipment such as computer terminals, telephone, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Work extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- File letters, correspondences, reports, etc. in file cabinet drawers ranging from 1’ to 7’ from the floor with/without use of a ladder.
- Collect mail from post office in Mountain House, open and sort.
- Write, including emails, concisely and legibly with appropriate documentation.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years practical business experience.
- Minimum 18 years old.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.