Cafe Cook: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Prepare, cook and present healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner meals for resort employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Offer consistently professional, friendly and proactive service to resort employees while supporting fellow colleagues.
- Prepare and service all food items for breakfast, lunch and dinner service in the Employee Cafeteria
- Prepare salad bar items, set up stations, post menu on per meal basis, and serve food during service.
- Carve various meats, proteins, and other menu items correctly, and verbalize the different options, including sauces and garnishes.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all refrigerators to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Learn, retain, and demonstrate a full knowledge and understanding of all foods served in the cafeteria
- Follow recipes, instructions from sous chefs, and work as part of larger team unit focusing on quality and consistency.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Lift such items as boxes as heavy as 50 pounds.
- Handle hot items with care.
- Work clean and be responsible for kitchen organization and orderliness.
- Push a food cart of 200 Ibs. up to 75 feet.
- Assist all service staff and company workers in a professional manner insuring our guest service is in accordance with company standards.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assist in the requisitioning and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Attend shift briefings and actively participate daily.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Ensure employee meals are properly portioned, seasoned, and served with care.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Identify safety hazards and inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Maintain food and cooler logs.
- Maintain good working relationships with coworkers, guests, and managers.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Operate equipment such as ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, steamers, kettles, and fryers.
- Perform job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Perform basic mathematical functions with recipes such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare special dietary meals or substitute items.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Complete safety training and certifications when offered. Become certified in food service sanitation practices and prevention of food borne illnesses.
- Set-up and break down work station.
- Stand for up to five hours at a time. Walk distances up to five miles.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- At least 18 years old.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.